Enzo is your regular Golden Retriever, but with a little extra something that makes him unbearably cute and adorable. He found his forever family when he was just two and he has been living his dream life ever since. And what is so special about him that makes him stand out in a crowd? Well, he has a unique birthmark that has become his signature feature!
1. Medically speaking, he has a very rare condition, a rare genetic mutation that causes a large black splotch around his eye area.
2. He is a purebred Golden Retriever, typically this breed will have a single bright golden coat.
3. However, due to his condition, he has a black birthmark covering the left side of his face.
4. And the extra coloration makes him extra beautiful.
5. “Golden retrievers are born with a base black coat, with a ‘modifier gene’ that turns them golden,” Ella Castro, Enzo’s mom,”
6. “Almost every dog has this modifier. Enzo has a little stumble in his DNA that erased it on that one part of his face.” She continued.
7. This very rare condition is called pigmented somatic cell mutation.
8. And what kind of a life do you think Enzo leads?
9. Well, he leads a star life with nearly 200k followers!
#10. you can follow him at mister.enzoviola